Trillium II collaborated with the MIE2018 Local organizing Committee, Vitalis, Ramsey Systems and Firely in the organization of the MIE2018 Datathon, in Gothenburg April 23-25, 2018. The special topic of the DataThon was chronic patients with Asthma and Trillium II explored the role of an extended patient summary in supporting the health journey of patients with Asthma. Read more about the results here.
In order to promote the International Patient Summary (IPS) that the Trillium II project is developing, we will be offering a prize for the organisation that does the most to promote the beneficial use of the IPS for international medical information exchanges.
We have now established a set of detailed criteria for the Trillium Prize and identified a group of worthy judges for the competition.
Our next step is to identify an appropriate EU-wide event at which to award the prize, expected to be in late 2018 – once that is sorted, we will be announcing details of how to apply.
If this appeals, you can pre-register with firstname.lastname@example.org who will keep you updated with progress. If you are the organiser of an appropriate event, please also get in touch with Charles.
Trillium-II responds to the EU-US interoperability roadmap call (SCI-HCO-14-2016), with an outstanding consortium to further advance global Electronic Health Record (EHR) interoperability.
Activities surrounding the International Patient Summary (IPS) standards can nurture digital health innovation, lower trade barriers, and advance patient safety & trust, bridging the gap between strategic intent and capability for action by Standards Development Organization (SDOs) striving for interoperability, quality, and safety through standards adoption:
- Improved international interoperability of eHealth Systems in US, in Europe and globally
- Accelerated establishment of interoperability standards in eHealth with validated open source interoperability assets and constructive feedback from implementation to SDOs
- Secure, seamless communication of health related data through clarity and oversight.
Trillium-II builds on the strength of the EU/US MoU on collaboration in eHealth/ Health Information Technology and the vibrant community built with Trillium Bridge, to realize its key recommendation:
“Advance an International Patient Summary standard to enable people to access and share their health information for emergency or unplanned care anywhere and as needed starting with immunizations, allergies, medications, clinical problems, past operations and implants”
- Highlight the social value of IPS standards.
- Bridge IPS initiatives with validated interoperability assets, sharing lessons learned with SDOs
- Contribute to IPS Standards Governance under the Joint Initiative Council
- Develop, Collect and Assess IPS Learning resources
- Engage mobile Health companies and app developers with IPS standards
- Foster innovation & inform health policy sharing IPS
Trillium II will be presented at MIE in Göteborg.