HL7 International Foundation, Belgium (Scientific Coordinator)
- History: Founded in 1987. Health Level Seven International (HL7) is a not-for-profit, ANSI-accredited organization that develops standards.
- Purpose: Providing a comprehensive framework and related standards for the exchange, integration, sharing, and retrieval of electronic health information that supports clinical practice and the management, delivery and evaluation of health services.
- Constellation:User (hospital, physicians practices, physician group practices, academic faculty practice plans, health maintenance organizations (HMO), preferred provider organizations (PPO), independent practice affiliations (IPA), utilization review (UR) companies, fiscal intermediaries, third-party administrators (TPA), peer review organizations (PRO), insurers and payers, manufacturers (pharmaceuticals, medical devices, etc.), professional associations and societies, industry consortia, regulators, and government agencies.There are also now 34 countries that participate in HL7
- Approach: HL7 International provides standards for interoperability that improve care delivery, optimize workflow, reduce ambiguity and enhance knowledge transfer among all of HL7’s stakeholders, including healthcare providers, government agencies, the vendor community, fellow SDOs and patients.
Role/contribution in Trillium II
- Scientific coordinator
- WP3 leader
- Task leader of several tasks
Key people involved
- Catherine Chronaki
- Giorgio Cangioli
- Kai Heitmann
Link to website: www.hl7.org